Inference Clues helps kids who have trouble with reading comprehension. In Inference Clues, kids learn to identify the clue words that lead to an inference.
***** - 5 Stars! I really like how your apps are targeted to a specific skill.
Identifying clue words is more difficult than just identifying the inference (use Inference Ace for this skill). The app helps children develop the ability to think about language and figure out how to arrive at new answers.
This ability to 'think about' something differentiates good readers from poor readers.
This version is the School Edition and contains no in-app purchases. To try out the app, look for the regular edition of Inference Clues.
Inference Clues is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but don't understand what they read.
Inference Clues can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for reading intervention.
** Happy Frog Apps are best used on a tablet or large phone **
- Builds inference skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Errorless learning for less frustration. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Contains over 250 examples, with content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Clue Word skills are taught from multiple perspectives: what clue words lead to this inference, what inference is possible from these clue words etc.
- Our own Smart Sentence technology is used to infinitely vary the examples to prevent learning by rote.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- The app can be easily reset to work with a different student.
Inference Clues can be used at the same time as Inference Ace, or it can be used after Inference Ace has been completed.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
This 'Inference Clues: School Edition' app has no in-app purchases. If you'd like to try the app, check out the regular 'Inference Clues' app.
We collect NO private information in our app. None!
Inferencing is a key component of reading comprehension. If you can't infer fluently, you can't understand the story. Help your child now by getting started with our Inference apps.
While you're at it, check out our other apps that target WH questions, vocab and answer identification skills.
Learn more about reading comprehension and research at our website www.HappyFrogApps.com. Drop us a note, we'd love to hear from you!
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
Note: this app uses many of the same examples as Inference Ace. This is intentional as a different skill is targeted in Inference Clues.
(This app was previously named Inference Ace 2)